This week: Russian banking legislation, Internet shutdowns for singapore, Ransomware on universities, gaming hacks and the Shadow broker.
WhatsApp will now share the phone numbers of customers with its parent company, Facebook. The move has prompted concerned looks from those who once celebrated the company for its high standards of privacy.
IOS zero day spyware discovered, more capable than any previously reported - patch launched today, immediate update advised.
Bulgaria adopts a new national strategy to bolster its cyber-security efforts, reportedly one of the last countries in Europe to produce such a strategy.
Alexandre Arbelet and Daniel Brown explain the role of artificial intelligence in enhancing cyber-security
Nik Whitfield says before you worry about whether you have enough people with the right skills, worry about how people who have the most skills are spending their time - and why.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Singapore to shut off internet access for government agencies
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- 6 in 10 universities hit by ransomware, 2/3 hit multiple times
- Shadow Broker's leaked files confirmed real by Snowden docs
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: Russian banks, Singapore, ransomware on campus, gaming hacks and more Snowden
- Advocacy groups urge FCC in the US to address connected car technology threat
- Lost devices leading cause of data breaches, report
- WhatsApp to share customer data with Facebook
- Hackers exploit vBulletin flaw to access 27M accounts on 11 websites