ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
Our roundup of top stories from this week, have a great weekend!
Tech companies are seeking to move their data centres out of the UK's jurisdiction to avoid any data privacy issues due to Brexit and the GDPR.
One of Imperva's security researchers has warned of automated registration bots, says "they're great at concealing fraud."
A four-year long investigation by various multinational law enforcement agencies including Europol, the FBI and the US Justice Department, has brought down the international criminal infrastructure platform known as 'Avalanche'.
Apple users over the last few weeks have reportedly been besieged with spam hitting their iCloud calendars in the form of unwanted invites, after cyber-criminals figured out that they could send their junk offers directly to recipients' iCloud accounts.
The SC Blog
Security researchers from Google have published the results of a year-long investigation into the practice of pay-per-install software bundling - and they aren't impressed.
Intelligent and automated systems are currently being touted as the next step in cyber-security to help combat the 'always-on' cyber-criminal, but are they right for us? And are we prepared for them?
Hundreds of guests gathered on Tuesday 7th of June at the stunning Old Billingsgate
Roberto Valerio addresses the latest breach from the National Lottery and analyses how and why this type of fraud is on the rise
If cyber-crime wasn't considered a business risk before, it is certainly being pushed to the front and centre stage by large firms now, says Chris Dye who urges adoption of file-regeneration technology.
Kristine Olson-Chapman advises senior executives and IT security professionals on how to manage the challenges of cyber-security by using a risk-based approach
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry