Companies will produce products that meet the strictest requirements of the regions in which they want to operate, and the EU should take advantage of this to regulate IoT, speaker says.
Bournemouth University hosted students responding to real time simulated cyber-attack on a network server and cyber-lock picking challenges designed by leading industry employers BT and Raytheon.
Imperva Hacker Intelligence Initiative report reveals Phishing-as-a-Service campaigns cost less to execute and are twice as profitable as traditional campaigns.
South Korea has announced that its military cyber-command appears to have been breached by North Korea. It is not clear whether low-grade documents or more important details like war plans were accessed.
One of the internet's foremost video hosting platforms has been breached and hackers have made off with tens of millions of account details.
The SC Blog
IBM is starting to make waves in the cyber-security space, leveraging the fact that it has to secure its own vast global business. Carmina Lees, vice president, security business unit, UK & Ireland at IBM, is effectively a mini-CEO running her own P&L operation within IBM where she is an 18-year industry veteran, but when it comes to cyber-security, Lees is a relative newcomer.
Sooraj Shah finds out which areas of information security companies should be focusing on first to ensure their business is secure post-M&A
Security researchers from Google have published the results of a year-long investigation into the practice of pay-per-install software bundling - and they aren't impressed.
Nic Scott discusses how UK businesses can re-evaluate and enhance the security measures they currently have in place in order to avoid potentially crippling fines when EU GDPR comes into force.
Security is often closely associated with standards and regulations, and there's an assumption that if you are compliant, by default you are secure. That's a dangerous assumption says Nadav Shatz.
Roberto Valerio addresses the latest breach from the National Lottery and analyses how and why this type of fraud is on the rise
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report