5nine Cloud Security for Hyper-V
March 03, 2014
£300 per two CPU per year.
For the Hyper-V cloud provider with a multi-tenant environment, Cloud Security enables good granularity for the security administrators of the various tenants. Each tenant can manage its own virtual machines, but the extent of that management is controlled by the enterprise administrator. This layered, role-based security is very 'Microsoft-ish,' and administrators in MS shops will feel right at home.The product provides a virtual stateful inspection firewall, an anti-virus system and an intrusion detection system. This functionality is tied together in a compact management console with the familiar MS look and feel. The anti-virus engine - Vipre - also has an extension that 5Nine calls Active Protection. That is basically a real time AV service placed on the virtual machine itself. It provides real-time protection while the other AV engine provides scanning. The scanning is incremental so the AV explosion is kept to the minimum.
The IDS is based on Snort and new rules take only a couple of clicks to create. The firewall is a filtering extension to the virtual switch and operates in kernel mode. Because this product is tightly coupled to Hyper-V, there is a lot of functionality that results. For example, there is a plugin for MS VMCenter from which the security administrator can manage.
Prices are US-based, thus indicative only.
At a glance
Product 5nine Cloud Security for Hyper-V
Company 5nine Software
Price £298 per two CPU per year.
What it does Provides security in a virtual environment for Hyper-V systems.
What we liked Security tightly coupled to Microsoft Hyper-V.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report