The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at WhatsApp malware; Cerber Ransomware; LinkedIn loses 117m credentials; Screen lock scammers; GDPR countdown. Note: UK Holiday 30 May.
"Longstanding, systemic weaknesses" prevented the State Department from properly managing cyber-security risks, according to an IG report.
Discussing 'Turning data into actionable intelligence', SC Magazine's latest roundtable saw a gathering of cyber-security practitioners to discuss threat intelligence.
"Pisloader" DNS tunnelling malware signals shift in tactic by hacking group
Steven Rogers advises steps that will allow security teams to prioritise threats based on relevant threat intelligence.
Despite very vocal critics, Netflix will not give in to the demands of overseas VPN users that want access to the US catalogue of shows says Paul Bischoff.
Data security has never before featured so highly on the boardroom agenda, mostly thanks to a continued avalanche of major breach incidents says Tony Pepper.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Two-year GDPR honeymoon period starts today
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- Netflix's VPN ban may result in stronger security for VPN customers
- Cerber ransomware on sale in Russian darknet with new scripting features
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- New Locky ransomware campaign sets sights on Amazon customers
- State Dept. criticised for poor records management, Clinton broke rules, IG report says
- Prioritising threat intelligence
- Email error leaks hundreds of Northern Ireland prison officer details