This week's ICYMI looks at an embarrassing data breach at Adult Friend Finder, new problems with Android, and how you can track devices with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
The lack of standards for Android apps development is leaving users vulnerable according to a Trend Micro security specialist. The company has uncovered a vulnerability in the Apache Cordova framework that could force the app to crash.
Russian banks increasingly concerned at the activities of cyber-criminals taking advantage of dated operating systems.
Old malware variants, the Zeus Trojan and the Conficker computer worm, remain a huge problem for most UK companies, according to CERT-UK's first annual report.
Prevention and threat detection tools can only go so far, and should be used as part of a layered approach to data security, says Paul Hampton.
Despite the objective of releasing greater business value from information, most businesses prioritise locking it down, says Sue Trombley
Matthew Bryars, CEO of Aeriandi, analyses the threat of insider fraud and what contact centres can do to minimise risk
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Google 'Master Cookie' remains after Android factory reset
- New POS malware from Russia targets retailers
- TeslaCrypt ransomware hackers caught using Angler EK and Tor
- 'Snooper's Charter' and cyber-security get royal seal of approval in Queen's Speech
- All modern browsers at risk from Logjam vulnerability