Marcell Gogan discusses the threat of privileged user access and how it often goes largely ignored
The government of Singapore is to shut off access to the internet of government agencies in an effort to preempt a cyber-attack or a data breach.
Automated attack breaks access system used by Google and Facebook
In 2015, the average company had roughly 9.9 million files accessible to every employee regardless of their roles.
François Amigorena explains how and why password sharing has become popular in business today
Take human memory out of the equation and passwords remain a viable access option says Emmanuel Schalit.
Unused accounts left by interns who have left to begin the new academic year pose a common security risk which could lead to data breaches according to security company Courion.
Privilege controls can work, but cannot cater for all eventualities, says Quocirca analyst Rob Bamforth.
Philip Turner, the newly appointed GM for European Operations at US-based identity management specialists Okta, told SC Magazine that opening of its central London office is spearheading international expansion, with the company expected to open offices in the main European centres over the coming year.
NetIQ has launched two virtual solutions to offer secure access to social media applications.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report