Analyst Reports & Industry Surveys
Malware authors targeting websites have begun trading quantity for quality, according to web security firm Websense.
Cybercriminals are still making large sums of money by pushing spyware and pharmaceutical spam, but internet fraudsters will leverage banking Trojans and other web exploits, particularly on social networking sites, for far greater returns in the future, according to a new report from Cisco.
With the emergence of new attack techniques and the reinvention of old ones, 2008 has been a year of cybercriminal innovation.
PwC chairman Kieran Poynter, the man tasked to investigate what happened in the catastrophic HMRC data breach, has revealed that significant progress has been made since the disastrous information leakage last October
Organisations are substantially increasing their expenditure on security products, especially tools which help compliance and privacy and help prevent data leakage
British businesses are finding that protecting their organisations from hackers, social networking threats and browser vulnerabilities is an increasing struggle, according to research
AVG, BitDefender, Kaspersky and Sophos are making inroads into the market share of the endpoint industry leaders, largely on the grounds of using less processing power, a leading analyst argued today
Consumers are warming to the idea of using their voice to gain access to their private information, but widespread concerns persist
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- European Parliament approves GDPR
- Have retailers secured themselves against the Insider threat before you head to the checkout?
- Vendors hiding open-source security flaws in commercial software
- The BYOD explosion: How much of a threat do personal devices really pose to your network?
- Ensure that your employment contracts are fit for purpose for cyber-security
- New PCI DSS version concentrates on multi-factor authentication and encryption
- Infamous 'Guccifer' claims he breached Hillary Clinton's email server
- 272 million email account credentials found on the dark web
- Michigan electrical utility company hit with ransomware attack
- UK adults clueless on where to find advice about protecting themselves