Analyst Reports & Industry Surveys
Malware authors targeting websites have begun trading quantity for quality, according to web security firm Websense.
Cybercriminals are still making large sums of money by pushing spyware and pharmaceutical spam, but internet fraudsters will leverage banking Trojans and other web exploits, particularly on social networking sites, for far greater returns in the future, according to a new report from Cisco.
With the emergence of new attack techniques and the reinvention of old ones, 2008 has been a year of cybercriminal innovation.
PwC chairman Kieran Poynter, the man tasked to investigate what happened in the catastrophic HMRC data breach, has revealed that significant progress has been made since the disastrous information leakage last October
Organisations are substantially increasing their expenditure on security products, especially tools which help compliance and privacy and help prevent data leakage
British businesses are finding that protecting their organisations from hackers, social networking threats and browser vulnerabilities is an increasing struggle, according to research
AVG, BitDefender, Kaspersky and Sophos are making inroads into the market share of the endpoint industry leaders, largely on the grounds of using less processing power, a leading analyst argued today
Consumers are warming to the idea of using their voice to gain access to their private information, but widespread concerns persist
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?