Analyst Reports & Industry Surveys
Malware authors targeting websites have begun trading quantity for quality, according to web security firm Websense.
Cybercriminals are still making large sums of money by pushing spyware and pharmaceutical spam, but internet fraudsters will leverage banking Trojans and other web exploits, particularly on social networking sites, for far greater returns in the future, according to a new report from Cisco.
With the emergence of new attack techniques and the reinvention of old ones, 2008 has been a year of cybercriminal innovation.
PwC chairman Kieran Poynter, the man tasked to investigate what happened in the catastrophic HMRC data breach, has revealed that significant progress has been made since the disastrous information leakage last October
Organisations are substantially increasing their expenditure on security products, especially tools which help compliance and privacy and help prevent data leakage
British businesses are finding that protecting their organisations from hackers, social networking threats and browser vulnerabilities is an increasing struggle, according to research
AVG, BitDefender, Kaspersky and Sophos are making inroads into the market share of the endpoint industry leaders, largely on the grounds of using less processing power, a leading analyst argued today
Consumers are warming to the idea of using their voice to gain access to their private information, but widespread concerns persist
SC Webcasts UK
Senior Accreditor, Security Risk and Assurance Manager
Disclosure & Barring Service - Liverpool, Merseyside
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- State officials warn Congress: don't damage public confidence in election systems
- Android.Lockerscreen using pseudorandom passcodes to ensure payouts
- OPenSSL patch introduced flaw, critical fix advised
- Video: Surveying the threat landscape at the SC Roundtable
- MoD goes Splunk to advance information as a 'force multiplier'