Anti-malware designers are failing to understand the complexities of malware and are using out of date technology to combat a rapidly evolving threat, says Christopher Elisan, principal malware scientist at RSA.
It is a testament to the sustained evolution of the cybersecurity landscape that we are still regularly seeing the emergence of new threats, says Gad Elkin.
Microsoft says outdated software can be almost as insecure as having no protection at all.
A new survey from Lieberman Software reveals that almost eight in ten IT security professionals believe that perimeter security technologies like firewalls and anti-malware solutions are sufficient in defending against advanced persistent threats (APTs).
Advertising - not as benign as you might think - delivering malware to 1 in 5 computers.
Businesses too complacent with software security education - Bola Rotibi, ISC(2) board member
Symantec declares AV dead. Not everyone agrees, though FireEye researchers say most malware is gone before AV starts looking.
Anti-malware software vendor Malwarebytes has started accepting Bitcoin payments on Anti-Malware Pro. But do the benefits outweigh the risks?
McAfee has announced the acquisition of ValidEdge to add sandboxing technology to its anti-malware offering.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry