Electronic Frontier Foundation wins control of fake .org website which may have been under the control of the Russian APT28 group.
The CTU, the Dell SecureWorks research team, uncovered fake LinkedIn profiles and an extensive, convincing network created by the Iran-based Threat Group 2889.
Malware seeks to avoid detection, bypasses the User Account Control, researchers say.
Operation Arid Viper - aka Desert Falcons - has returned with new malware after not being sighted in the wild for several months.
Kaspersky Lab claims to have pinpointed how the Turla cyber-espionage group has been able to hide its command and control servers for the past eight years.
A suspected Chinese hacker group dubbed 'Blue Termite' has been targeting hundreds of Japanese businesses and government organisations in a cyber-espionage campaign stretching back to 2013.
Trend Micro says the Russian APT group, Pawn Storm, has been spying on domestic targets, including the punk rock band known as Pussy Riot.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success