This week, A Blacknurse DDoS that can cripple with only one laptop, Facebook spam delivers Locky, ATM scammers, NSA's dark tower and two arrests after the three data breach.
The increasing security provided by EMV payment cards, or chip cards, may be compelling European criminals to eschew the use of malware in favour of explosives to steal money from ATMs.
Three suspects were arrested after a network of Eastern European and Russian cyber-criminals used malware to steal £1.8mil ($2.5 million) in cash from dozens of machines around the country.
According to Kaspersky, ATMs are far easier to get into that you might think
Amid the growing number of cyber-attacks on their internet systems, Russian banks are considering designing new systems of IT security.
Russian banks see Tyupkin ATM malware use rise in Russia and take steps to locate culprits.
Both ATMs and electronic ticketing machines are facing further hacks as fraudsters focus on inadequately defended environments.
London Police have arrested three suspected members of an Eastern European cyber-crime gang who installed malware on more than 50 bank ATM machines across the UK to steal £1.6 million.
Internal network analysis security would have stopped this attack - Peter Wood, Firstbase CEO
Hackers combine physical and electronic attack vectors to get access to hard cash.
UK banks NatWest and the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) are facing up to their second cyber attack in the space of a week, with their customers unable to access their online banking accounts.
The two payment processors that were attacked to pull off a daring global ATM heist have been named, according to a report.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator