AVG Internet Security Network Edition 8.0
January 01, 2009
£21.07/licence for 105-licence level for 1 year including support (exc VAT)
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Feature-rich protection for web and email. A strong solution for the price
- Weaknesses: No phone support
- Verdict: Strong features, good protection, easy to use and manage. We rate this product Recommended
This product integrated most of the malware solutions while providing an efficient, streamlined and user-friendly offering. AVG Internet Security Network edition's intelligent real-time scanner, comprehensive web shield, and high-speed automatic updates ensure that a company is protected around the clock. Protection included anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-rootkit, anti-spam (desktop), web shield (HTTP scanner), link scanner, firewall, system tools and remote administration, as well as safe downloads and IM.
We found this product to be easy to use and to install. We had the administration server loaded in 15 minutes. The product ships with an integrated Firebird database, which we used. There are options to use other standard database solutions.
With Active Directory integration we were able to quickly install remote software on our endpoints. We were pleased with the centralised management capabilities and we had full control of the remote software features. The system tools provide additional analysis capabilities from the management server, such as network services.
The web shield and link scanner provide protection from web, IM and search-related threats. Web shield can stop dangerous malware and Java scripts from downloading during web browsing. Link scanner provides protection while searching the internet for dangerous sites.
The documentation for this product was easy to use. Installation and user manuals in PDF format were accurate and simple to follow.
AVG Internet Security Network edition is licensed on a tiered structure and customers have the option of a one- or two-year licence. Technical support 24/7 via email is included as part of the agreement. Support can be provided by AVG or one of its resellers and includes access to AVG's online knowledgebase.
This is a nice solution for someone looking to provide layered protection for malware, with an easy-to-use endpoint interface. It is an intuitive management solution for the IT staff delivering centralised deployment, reporting, alerting and management of endpoints.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Singapore to shut off internet access for government agencies
- What exactly will this new bill of rights mean for privacy laws within the UK?
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- 6 in 10 universities hit by ransomware, 2/3 hit multiple times
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: Russian banks, Singapore, ransomware on campus, gaming hacks and more Snowden
- Advocacy groups urge FCC in the US to address connected car technology threat
- Lost devices leading cause of data breaches, report
- WhatsApp to share customer data with Facebook
- Hackers exploit vBulletin flaw to access 27M accounts on 11 websites