AVG Internet Security Network Edition 8.0
January 01, 2009
£21.07/licence for 105-licence level for 1 year including support (exc VAT)
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Feature-rich protection for web and email. A strong solution for the price
- Weaknesses: No phone support
- Verdict: Strong features, good protection, easy to use and manage. We rate this product Recommended
This product integrated most of the malware solutions while providing an efficient, streamlined and user-friendly offering. AVG Internet Security Network edition's intelligent real-time scanner, comprehensive web shield, and high-speed automatic updates ensure that a company is protected around the clock. Protection included anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-rootkit, anti-spam (desktop), web shield (HTTP scanner), link scanner, firewall, system tools and remote administration, as well as safe downloads and IM.
We found this product to be easy to use and to install. We had the administration server loaded in 15 minutes. The product ships with an integrated Firebird database, which we used. There are options to use other standard database solutions.
With Active Directory integration we were able to quickly install remote software on our endpoints. We were pleased with the centralised management capabilities and we had full control of the remote software features. The system tools provide additional analysis capabilities from the management server, such as network services.
The web shield and link scanner provide protection from web, IM and search-related threats. Web shield can stop dangerous malware and Java scripts from downloading during web browsing. Link scanner provides protection while searching the internet for dangerous sites.
The documentation for this product was easy to use. Installation and user manuals in PDF format were accurate and simple to follow.
AVG Internet Security Network edition is licensed on a tiered structure and customers have the option of a one- or two-year licence. Technical support 24/7 via email is included as part of the agreement. Support can be provided by AVG or one of its resellers and includes access to AVG's online knowledgebase.
This is a nice solution for someone looking to provide layered protection for malware, with an easy-to-use endpoint interface. It is an intuitive management solution for the IT staff delivering centralised deployment, reporting, alerting and management of endpoints.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- Two-year GDPR honeymoon period starts today
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Cerber ransomware on sale in Russian darknet with new scripting features
- Netflix's VPN ban may result in stronger security for VPN customers
- Email error leaks hundreds of Northern Ireland prison officer details
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- SC Roundtable: Turning data into actionable intelligence
- Wekby cyber-criminals use DNS tunnelling for command and control of malware
- ICYMI: WhatsApp trap; Cerber RaaS; LinkedIn loss; Screen lock; 2 yrs to GDPR