Bank Of England
Following the attack in February on the Central Bank of Bangladesh, the Bank of England (BoE) has issued an urgent call to order all British banks to carry out a security review of any computer connected to the SWIFT network.
When it opens later this year, the UK's new national cyber centre (NCSC) will be collaborating with the Bank of England in regard to new cyber-security guidance for financial firms.
Security professionals can't afford to work in isolated bubbles when the attackers are openly sharing information about system vulnerabilities, says Dr Luke Hebbes, Kingston University, in our SC: Video Interview series.
The latest In Case You Missed It: Bank of England simulation, ransomware photo threat, 2015 worst for Mac malware, Russiab cyber-warfare lead, RSA report.
As attacks on the UK's financial institutions increase, The Bank of England is getting ready to test out the bank's preparedness for such an event.
Alexander Pope said, "To err is human; to forgive, divine." Could he have been thinking of the infamous Bank of England email leak when he said that, asks Rainer Gawlick.
The UK and US will increase their co-operation on cyber-security, with some kind of transatlantic 'Waking Shark' banking exercise seemingly in the pipeline.
Bank of England Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Don Randall is to leave his post in the New Year to take up an unspecified supervisory role, with William Brandon set to replace him.
Cyber-criminals large and small are targeting banks and other financial institutions for monetary gain, but smart companies are reacting with bigger cyber security budgets, new technologies and innovative schemes to improve security awareness.
Cyber attack simulation excercises managed by CREST to boost banks' cooperation and resilience.
The UK's Bank of England (BoE) is reportedly planning to carry out a major pen-testing exercise in the Autumn.
Cyber attacks are front of mind for the UK government and local companies, following comments from business secretary Vince Cable earlier this week. But concerns linger after the latest Waking Shark exercise.
US banking fraud case highlights serious online banking security issue
There is a sudden upsurge in the number of banks seeing cyber threat as a major risk says a new Bank Of England report.
The ability of Britain's major banks to withstand a crippling cyber attack will be tested next month in a 'war game' exercise called Operation Waking Shark 2.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry