A cyber-criminal could be risking a serious beating by compromising the popular Russian boxing site allboxing[.]ru with a redirect to a third-party site containing a Russian banking Trojan.
On 19 September, the TA530 group sent personalised emails utilising company names, personal names, titles and more to deliver malicious Word documents.
Despite going quiet for most of 2016, Dridex appears to have spent that time working on itself, making a number of improvement and targeting crypto-currency wallets
Malware bypasses security measures to steal user credentials and sniff out banking details of naive users that grant permission without realising what they've done
Kaspersky researchers have spotted the Lurk banking Trojan lurking around as legitimate pieces of software on Ammyy.com
Russian banking malware, Marcher, is headed for the UK in a big way - banks and consumers are urged to be on guard.
Hundreds of different banking Trojans attack Android users, one being Android.SmsSpy.88.origin, which was first spotted in 2014.
The Acecard Android banking Trojan leaves nothing to chance when it comes to attacking banks with the malware being able to attack 50 separate online financial applications and bypass Google Play Store security.
A Russian-language banking Trojan has been found manipulating the ruble-dollar exchange rate
The feared Dyre banking Trojan has been almost killed off, following a reported raid by the Russian authorities on a Moscow film distribution company last November.
Dyreza trojan updated for Windows 10
As attacks on the UK's financial institutions increase, The Bank of England is getting ready to test out the bank's preparedness for such an event.
Japanese online banking users are the target of a newly detected banking trojan, dubbed Win32/Brolux.A, which is so far spread through two vulnerabilities still distributed by an adult website.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report