Following the recent attack, Tesco Bank reported the breach to the Financial Conduct Authority, an organisation ill-equipped to understand what had happened.
Justin Dolly discusses why security should be high on the agenda of the board and seen as a business enabler, not a drain on resources
SC Magazine UK went down to a Cyber-Rescue Alliance designed to teach CEOs how to respond to a breach when eventually, and inevitably happens.
More than half (54 percent) of CEOs in European companies are taking responsibility for cyber-security as it is now considered to be an executive responsibility.
Sony Pictures Entertainment has spent around US$ 15m (£9.87m) on investigating and remediating last year's data breach, which saw hackers steal terabytes of data.
Having comprehensive cyber risk policies that are not followed can be as detrimental as not having a policy at all says Peter Given.Good who advises that good risk-insurance will demand appropriate procedures are both in place and implemented.
Some of the UK's chief information security officers (CISOs) are breaking away from IT budgets and reporting lines but are still missing C-level support, a new study reveals.
New research from consulting firm KPMG claims that cyber security and data protection are only ranked third as priorities in UK boardrooms, following people skills and plant/machinery spending.
When choosing what matters most, don't let compliance alone distract from keeping actual security risks as the top priority says Andrew Jutson
If it is to truly enable businesses, security needs to look now at implications of future developments and explain them to the board in financial terms, suggests the Infosec panel on Monday.
Bad news is filtered out of communicaiton to the C-suite and 63 percent of IT staff only start talking after a breach has taken place.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry