Google says Avast introduced a serious security hole when it created its Avastium secure web browser from a Chromium fork.
If you see this code and you are using Google Chrome, don't click it, type it in, copy it or even hover your mouse over it http:// a /%%30%30
In an apparent coordinated announcement, Google, Mozilla and Microsoft announced that they would stop using the RC4 stream cipher in their respective browsers.
Dolphin and Mercury Android browsers can be hacked to execute code remotely.
Internet Explorer vulnerability could allow hackers to take control of victim's PC
UK bank customers are the main targets of a new Zeus-like malware family called 'Dyreza' or 'Dyre'.
Users who are unable to stop using embedded versions of Windows XP should at least stop using Internet explorer and even then may have invalidated any cyber insurance that requires patch updates.
"This is more proof that the Apple Mac is nowhere near as resilient to attacks as people think it is" - Nigel Stanley, Incoming Thought analyst
`Secure' online banking and payment credential pages accessible to hackers
Microsoft delivered its monthly security update on Tuesday to rectify 12 vulnerabilities, five of which are present in Internet Explorer (IE) and comprise the most pressing patch to deploy.
Microsoft plans to release eight patches on Tuesday - six for "critical" vulnerabilities - as part of its monthly security update.
Only two per cent of computer users are fully patched and the other 98 per cent are running at least one insecure, unpatched program, security firm Secunia said this week.
Most network administrators want to secure their organisations from 'rogue' web browsers, according to IT firm Sophos.
Mozilla is trying to refute the notion that the buggier the software, the less secure it is.
For the upcoming version of Internet Explorer 8.0 (IE8), Microsoft has hinted at a number of security improvements.
OS X Leopard gets a new version as the Mac maker moves to improve reliability and squash a whole hatful of vulnerabilities
Users of the web browser on both XP and Vista can be hit by a blended attack which installs malicious code, according to a security advisory released by the software giant
The Mac maker and creator of the popular web browser has come under fire from a leading security researcher for the ease at which users can download malicious software from the web, but it seems reluctant to change its mind
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry