The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at BT outage; Euro CNI vulnerable; 4 rail attacks; Polish telco breached; ransomware uses cloud
Two internet outages on consecutive days in separate internet exchanges in Docklands, London, calls into question the security of the country's critical communications infrastructure.
BT Security has struck a deal with ISC(2) to offer those training through the BT Security Academy Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certifications.
BT customers are complaining about chronic authentication issues that are blocking access to email and billing accounts. To expedite things, the help desk is asking for clients' full passwords, according to two customers.
In an effort to find the best hidden cyber-security talent, BT and the Cyber-security Challenge UK staged a mock investigation into a cyber-attack at London's BT Tower last weekend.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry