Sixty-two percent of organisations leave data protection and availability of in-cloud data to third-party cloud providers.
The total cost of US airline Delta's recent five-hour IT outage was estimated at $150 million (£114 million). The outage saw over 2,000 flights either cancelled or massively delayed for three days in August.
Over half (51 percent) of senior decision-makers in large businesses are kept awake at night due to the threat of a data breach caused by a cyber-attack.
The old saying "failing to prepare, is preparing to fail" is never more appropriate than when applied to disaster recovery (DR), says Oscar Arean.
According to the old adage, failing to plan is planning to fail, and as Matt Kingswood says, recent events in Holborn, London are a timely reminder of what can happen.
If you don't have good forensic readiness planning and testing in place, you are neglecting a core requirement of good organisational planning, no less than if you failed to have disaster recovery or business continuity planning argues David Rimmer
In a special one-off case study linking our themes of PCI compliance and security spend, Random Storm technical director and co-founder Andrew Mason describes to SC a case study that tackles both issues with the aid of league tables.
Gale force winds are battering Scotland and the North of England - so businesses should invest in disaster recovery solutions.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, which disrupted power, internet, phone and numerous other technical services for millions along the east coast of the US, organisations are in an ideal mode to check the efficiency or shortcomings of their 'in-case-of-disaster' plans.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Russian intelligence claims to bust up pending banking cyber-attack
- Presidential commission calls for collaborative action to combat cyber-threats
- Russia's banks will be hacked today, apparently
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds