UK's first National College of Cyber-Security will open on the site of Bletchley Park by 2018 as part of wide-ranging plans to nurture the country's brightest cyber-security talent.
Nearly three-quarters of IT pros work unpaid overtime each week, with 34 percent working more than 15 hours extra.
Industry expert Nick Hayne has been appointed as business development manager at Pulsant.
Nearly half of hiring managers in IT expect more demand in 2017 than they did in 2016.
Sergio Berriz has been appointed as senior vice president engineering at NetComm Wireless Limited.
SC Jobs provides a job description for a security consultant
New staff join team at Evidence Talks
GCHQ, MI5 and MI6 are searching for technically-minded apprentices to help combat the increasing threats that Britain faces from terrorists, hackers and fraudsters.
MI5, the United Kingdom's domestic counter-intelligence and security agency, has provided further details on its cyber-security roles as part of its current recruitment drive.
Lifesize has appointed Vineet Misra as chief information officer and Bryan Brown as director of security and privacy.
Darren Reho has been appointed as principal consultant at C3IA.
MI5 is targeting the infosec industry to increase applications for its technical covert operations specialist (CTOS) roles
The MI5 is looking for self-motivated and adaptable computer security specialists to help keep the country safe. We spoke to them for insider insight into the covert technical operations specialist roles they're recruiting for and a glimpse of what it's like to work there.
Claire Berry has been appointed as a service operations manager at PAV i.t.
Bernd Hesse has been appointed as senior director, technology development at Calix, Inc.
Christopher Histed has been appointed as master of the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists (WCIT).
Joe Hancock has been appointed as cyber-security lead at law firm Mishcon de Reya.
Tim Erridge appointed to director of advisory and Peter Barbour promoted to head of response at Context Information SecurityOctober 11, 2016
Context Information Security has appointed Tim Erridge to director of advisory and Peter Barbour to head of response.
Former managing director of E-POST, Mark Rees, has been appointed to chief operations officer (COO) at Secucloud.
Tunji Akintokun, director at Cisco Systems, has been appointed as non-executive director at Regital.
BeCyberSure has appointed Kevin Smith as senior payments services & risk management consultant and industry advisor.
OutSystems has appointed Mike Lambert to chief revenue officer to expand the company's C-Suite.
Lawrence Jones explains how apprenticeships can help to develop the next generation of technical engineers and innovators.
James Beer has been appointed to the Board of Directors at ForeScout Technologies.
Chairman and founder Nigel Taylor is back up and running Taylor Made Computer Solutions.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry