Thomas Schreck, principal engineer of Simenes' CERT, alongside Margrete Raaum, leader of the KraftCERT from Norway told an audience at 4SICS 2016 on why cyber-threat intelligence plays an important part in information sharing in the energy industry.
The details of a years long campaign against a Swiss defence contractor have been released in partnership with Swiss CERT.
The director of CERT UK laid out some of the problems facing UK cyber-space and outlined what cyber-security could do to help fix them.
Flaws have not been patched and there are no workarounds for many of them, says US CERT.
UK minister Ed Vaizey has dismissed media reports that the Conservative government plans to ban encryption, whilst also promising that cyber-security remains a 'priority' in Whitehall.
The Russian Central Bank has established new centre for dealing with cyber-attacks in Russia's financial sector, due to be fully operational this month.
Old malware variants, the Zeus Trojan and the Conficker computer worm, remain a huge problem for most UK companies, according to CERT-UK's first annual report.
Six months after launch and the UK's National Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-UK) is seeing rising awareness of the group, the CiSP initiative and cyber-crime more generally.
The European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) conducted a 24-hour cyber-exercise in which more than 200 organisations from 25 EU member states faced virtual cyber-attacks from white hat hackers yesterday.
Cabinet Office Minister Francis Maude looks back at two years of the National Cyber Security Programme and says that public-private collaboration is key to protecting British businesses from cyber attacks.
The Government's reaction to the 'Heartbleed' flaw has been criticised after the Mumsnet parenting site became the UK's first known victim of Heartbleed hackers.
The UK government finally launched its first national computer emergency response team, CERT-UK, in London today.
The British government will finally launch the much-delayed Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-UK) next week, according to report, in a bid to protect the country's critical infrastructure.
Europe's computer emergency response teams (CERTs) need to share attack informatio to combat the increasingly complex cyber attacks they face.
The launch of one of the UK Government's most important cyber crime initiatives, the national Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), has been delayed from this year to 2014.
The EU's network and information security agency (ENISA) is to be strengthened in-line with the proposed cyber security strategy.
Last week I was delighted to attend the Centre for Secure Information Technologies (CSIT) summit in Belfast, in its third year of operating as a think tank and speaker conference.
Polish cyber security experts seized domains behind the Virut botnet over the weekend.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry