Google has instituted a blacklist of untrustworthy certificates for use in the company's browser Chrome.
A new vulnerability could kill a certain kind of encryption for plenty of websites. An OpenSSL update has been rushed out to fix major flaw.
Dell's new threat report adds further evidence to support the observation that attackers are increasingly hiding activity within HTTPS.
The generosity of the free TSL certificate non-profit, Let's Encrypt, has been abused by malvertising cyber-criminals
Dell reported that it has been shipping Inspiron 14 laptops since August that inadvertently contained the security certificate, eDellRoot, that essentially gives hackers complete access to the system.
Symantec have fired several staff members after they created unauthorised and potentially malicious Google SSL certificates
Security credentials hard coded into repositories could have helped hackers, according to research by security consultant Gabor Szathmari.
CESG, the information arm of GCHQ, was forced to take down its HTTPS website earlier this week after the organisation's SSL digital certificate was revoked.
A joint study from Venafi and the Ponemon Institute reveals that digital keys and certificates are in peril, especially at UK organisations.
Vormetric has launched a storage solution for the protection and management of digital certificates, encryption keys and password files.
Attacks within the certificate infrastructure are due to mismanagement rather than attacks on certificate authorities (CAs).
Turkish certificate authority (CA) TurkTrust has denied that there was any attack, "malevolence, fraud or any other crime factor" on it resulting in the issuing of fraudulent certificates.
The fraudulent issuing of certificates from a Turkish certificate authority (CA) has led to major web browsers revoking trust.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report