Google has instituted a blacklist of untrustworthy certificates for use in the company's browser Chrome.
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at compromised Cert.D, Russians in largest breach, vulnerable home automation, Bitcoin bounty on DDoS, CryptoWall 4.0 deliverd via Nuke EK.
The government's initiative to set a baseline certification scheme for cyber security, Cyber Essentials, is now underway and John Godwin encourages companies to get certified as soon as possible.
Francis Maude, Minister for the Cabinet Office, announced today that six Master's degree courses in cyber security are to be certified by GCHQ.
The Computer Incident Response (CIR) scheme to rescue businesses who have suffered a cyber attack has failed to get going despite being due since August with eight vendors trying and failing to secure accreditation.
European Payment Services (EPS) in Berkshire has become the first vendor to have its point-to-point encryption (P2PE) hardware certified under global security standards used to protect consumer card data.
Registrations for online competitions for information security management, business continuity management and information risk management open today.
Employers want to see passion for a job not just an industry certification and educational degree.
Membership body (ISC)² is strengthening its professional certifications and education programs through an extended collaboration with the Information Security Forum (ISF).
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime