San Francisco's Municipal Transportation Agency was caught with a HDDCryptor Ransomware infection over the weekend, leaving the agency unable to sell tickets or charge customers for transport, unless they pay the hackers demands of 100 Bitcoin.
Slovakia is in the process of drafting its first cyber-security law which will address not only the security of finance and health but also critical utilities infrastructure.
ICYMI: Morrisons breach; Worldpay card data; power attack losses; Russian EU targets; criminal capabilityApril 15, 2016
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at Morrisons lawsuit; Wordpay vulnerabilities; Critical scenario costs; EU Banks targeted; Cyber-crime capabilities.
Operation Cleaver is a global data gathering exercise still underway by Iranian hackers in key infrastructure sectors, a possible precursor to a major attack.
UK oil firms warned to guard against new campaign as Russian malware exploits Scottish independende vote.
The weather, or even simple mis-configuration, are threats to critical infrastructure, but in an emergency, could government now run privatised utilities?
Nation-state attacks on CNI will be faciliated by the internet of things, and government regulation is needed to set standards, but the actual likelihood of CNI attacks remains very low says Raimund Genes.
The Obama administration has launched the Cybersecurity Framework, which aims to educate organisations on the risks facing critical infrastructure systems.
A survey of connected Scada computers identified that 500,000 machines could potentially be targeted.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry