Computer Misuse Act
Analysis of Judge Tempia's decision to grant the request of the United States government to extradite computer activist Lauri Love to face multiple charges related to computer hacking.
A teenager from Surrey has been charged with a cyber-attack on Mumsnet, forcing the parenting website to reset the passwords of its 7.7 million members.
Software vendor Impero Solutions, creator of Education Pro for monitoring and managing school computers, has struck back against a security researcher who exposed its flaws, but many in the industry question whether the response was proportionate.
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan Howe admits that the UK police are still "skimming the surface" when it comes to tackling cyber-crime, a view that is shared by security experts.
The Computer Misuse Act 1990 has quietly been updated, handing out life sentences to hackers and seemingly giving more power and protection to law enforcement and surveillance agencies.
The Queen's speech in the Houses of Parliament yesterday saw the proposal of 11 new laws, including a 'Serious Crime Bill' which will make significant changes to the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success