Event News Coverage
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend is already entrenched in many businesses, but some IT departments are trying to regain control - and security - by opting for Choose Your Own Device (CYOD) instead.
Latest Event News
What should businesses be doing to ensure that contractors and other third-parties are aware of the risks in security? That was one of the key questions during a panel discussion at Infosecurity 2014 in London on Thursday.
Red teaming is a relatively new type of extended pen testing used to raise the security and governance bar in major corporates, most notably financial service organisations such as banks.
Thieves and employees take assets off the network to avoid tracking
Digital forensics speed up the digital battle against Al Qaeda indentifying what needs to be translated.
If it is to truly enable businesses, security needs to look now at implications of future developments and explain them to the board in financial terms, suggests the Infosec panel on Monday.
The action continued on the second day of the 2014 Infosecurity Europe conference. Security expert Mikko Hypponen kicked off the event with a keynote discussing whistleblowing, while the showroom floor was buzzing with attendees learning about the latest solutions. Here's a look at day two of the big event in London's Earls Court Exhibition Centre.
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Private firms to chase cyber-criminals for cash bounties, say police
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- Shadow Broker's leaked files confirmed real by Snowden docs
- Is Android as easy to secure as the latest AV-TEST results appear to suggest?
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- The cyber-security skills gap: make better use of what you've got
- Researcher warns of cyber-threat to mergers and acquisitions
- Verify service to be used outside of central government
- FBI investigating possible Russian hack of NY Times
- 47% of NHS Trusts in England admit to falling victim to ransomware