The theft of millions of password credentials can lead to automated attacks on other companies' sites. But Stephen Singam asks how can they be prepared to spot this risk?
Nearly 800,000 users' details have been stolen from porn chat site Brazzers, leading some pundits to advise users to be more creative with their passwords.
François Amigorena explains why compromised credentials are a major cyber-threat to organisations and how cumbersome security wastes time, whereas contextual awareness allows greater security automatically.
A white hat researcher discovered a pair of data breaches in which email and password credentials of government employees was dumped on Pastebin.
Over 18 million user credentials have been found on a server of a Japanese company who let Chinese hackers use it in their attacks.
A new security report from Kaspersky Lab is shedding light on Steam Stealer, a growing family of malware that hackers are using to steal credentials for Valve Corporation's Steam online gaming platform.
In this week's In Case You Missed It, we look back at NatWest 'smishing' scams, Locky runs rampant, companies taking cyber-security more seriously and other stories.
A free honeypot chock full of fake domain credentials has been created to educate administrators on trapping and blocking attackers.
Cyber-security company Trend Micro have spotted a large uptick in Netflix and Uber credentials being sold by illicit deep web vendors
The modular CoreBot Trojan login credential stealer has started morphing and now it has turned into a fully fledged bank robber instead.
Security credentials hard coded into repositories could have helped hackers, according to research by security consultant Gabor Szathmari.
Users of the JQuery website development tool - who are mainly 'privileged' users like system admins and developers - are being warned they could have been served with the RIG credentials-stealing malware in a hack that was launched more than a week ago.
Context-aware security can make intelligent decisions while allowing mobile users to get the job done.
Fraud and disruption attacks are set to result in losses of £2.1 million per hour on Monday December 2, the busiest day of the year for daily online and mobile retail sales to consumers taking advantage of Cyber Monday discounts.
A Trojan that specifically harvested Facebook login credentials managed to steal more than 16,000 credentials.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry