Crypto-currency mining malware is back, driven in part by the growing popularity of alternatives to Bitcoin that are easier to mine and the increasing power of GPUs.
Despite going quiet for most of 2016, Dridex appears to have spent that time working on itself, making a number of improvement and targeting crypto-currency wallets
Linux.Lady malware exploits flaw in Redis NoSQL to infect servers and turn them into crypto-currency miners working for the attackers.
The Daily Star newspaper is reporting that a new device has surfaced online which has the ability to clone 15 contactless bank cards a second.
Crypto-currencies like Bitcoin may not be as anonymous as they once were as the European Commision announces its intention to regulate the virtual currency exchanges that, the Commission says, aid terrorist financing.
The mysterious founder of bitcoin may have been unmasked following a tip-off from a security researcher and an investigation by two separate media outlets.
Paul Stokes explains how a recent proposal by the UK government to regulate digital currencies presents a huge opportunity for the UK to become a leader in the area.
With notable dark web marketplaces, including Darkode, being taken down recently, Europol announced the creation of a unique training course to prepare agents for this covert line of work.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry