Kaspersky Lab researchers Anton Ivanov and Fedor Sinitsyn spotted what they are calling the first encryption malware to exploit the Telegram protocol.
The problem of certificates baked into firmware continues to jeopardise the security of consumer internet devices despite warnings to vendors, according to a researcher.
A cryptography Ph.D. student has accused WhatsApp of blocking calls to Saudi Arabia phone numbers and deceiving users
The RSA cryptographers' panel was the occasion Tuesday for the announcement of the winners of the annual ACM AM Turing Award.
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at Rusian bank attack thwarted; need for UK CISO?; banks hack themselves; Cypto key hack; US hospital ransomed.
An Israeli security research team has described how to steal a cryptographic key from a computer simply by monitoring the radio waves it emits while decrypting a cipher.
Two vulnerabilities have been discovered (and fixed) in OpenSSH which could have been exploited by hackers to force clients to leak cryptographic keys.
Researchers at Linkoping University and Stockholm University find a vulnerability that compromises the integrity of quantum cryptography technologies.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report