Cyber Security Challenge
In this week's In Case You Missed It we look at: Youngest Cyber-Sec winner; Tesco bank hacked; DDoS hits Finns heating; US election vulnerability; NHS Trust closed by malware
An 18-year-old from Sussex has triumphed at the Cyber Security Challenge UK 2016, making him the youngest ever winner of the competition.
Some 42 contestants in this year's Cyber Security Challenge UK have been putting their technical and softer, human skills to the test to battle a fictional cyber-attack on an energy company.
The final 10 candidates who will represent the Cyber-Security Challenge UK in the European Cyber-Security Challenge (ECSC) 2016 have been chosen.
To address the urgent need for more young people to enter the cyber-security industry, the Cyber Security Challenge UK and partners have launched the new EPQ qualification.
ICYMI: Madison extortion, Cyber-sec challenge, United bug-bounty, French intelligence, and Anonymous/ISIS spatNovember 29, 2015
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at suspected Madison extorortionists, Cyber-Sec challenge finals, bug-bounty criticism, French intelligence & Anonymous' ISIS twitter battle.
Forty-two young codebreakers competed Friday in a realistic cyber-security simulation, designed to unearth hidden talent and find tomorrow's cyber-security experts.
Cyber security essentials has launched a 3D online game to help train and test the cyber-security specialists of the future and plug the UK's "skills gap"
Online quiz analyses applicants cyber potential, £30k scholarships up for grabs
The cyber-security skills gap is likely to continue, if not get worse, according to the numbers of people studying the subject at degree level.
The cyber-security skills gap is a 'societal challenge' that must be tackled by everyone, from schools and universities to citizens and businesses, a panel of experts said in London today.
Security consultant Dr Jessica Barker says that the next step to getting more women into cyber security hinges on changing minds and career pathways.
The Cyber Security Challenge is linking with GCHQ to develop counter-espionage and cyber security skills for the real world.
InfoSec Skills Ltd have embarked on a new scheme to help close the national 'skills gap' in information security.
The much-debated cyber security skills gap was the topic of debate at two separate conferences in the UK on Tuesday.
The Cyber Security Challenge has partnered with 15 UK universities to find ideas from masters' students to discover new ways to improve trust in the online world.
Registrations for online competitions for information security management, business continuity management and information risk management open today.
Chemist Stephen Miller has followed a postman and student as the third winner of the Cyber Security Challenge.
A software developer has been named as the number one civilian in the world after winning a US Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center challenge.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime