North Korea is suspect number one in an attack against South Korea's cyber command last month, according to a member of the main opposition party, Minjoo.
Valuing cyber-risk key to addressing "market failure" around cyber-security, said a deputy director at the Cabinet Office in a speech to the Westminster eForum.
The cyber-security announcement made by presidents Obama and Xi on 25 September is being met with a healthy dose of scepticism, with industry insiders indicating the agreement will lead to little, if any, real change.
Ukraine has draw up a new state strategy for IT security following wholesale breaches of the government's online presence.
A war of words has broken out between the US and North Korea over the Sony data breach, with Pyongyang now threatening to battle Obama's administration 'in all war spaces including cyber-warfare space'.
A division of hactivism group Anonymous says that it was behind an attack on the websites of the Russian presidency, the Russian Central Bank and the Foreign Ministry on Friday.
When the UK Defence Secretary Philip Hammond announced he was establishing a Joint Cyber Reserve to create a cyber attack capability, reaction focussed on the 'attack' angle, but further questions also arose.
The concept of cyber war is a 'to and fro' subject for us in the media.
As the number and severity of cyber crimes continues to grow, it is important to understand the actual process an attacker follows when compromising a targeted computer or network.
The UK's investment in cyber security has been branded as 'embarrassing' by the former US cyber intelligence officer at the department of defence.
Yesterday's attacks on South Korean banks and broadcasters are more likely to be the work of hacktivists than state-sponsored adversaries.
The UK's cyber defence has taken an upturn with support from the International Cyber Security Protection Alliance (ICSPA) and the development of a manual defining cyber war.
Calls have been made for the US Congress to work on and approve information security policies to enable a more secure environment.
The operators of the Red October espionage campaign have begun shutting down the infrastructure behind it.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry