Toni Gidwani challenges Guccifer 2.0's claimed attribution for the Democratic National Committee (DNC) breach
Bangladesh Central Bank officials are pinning the blame for an cyber-attack that netted $81million (£56mil) from the financial institution on SWIFT's for incorrectly installing new software.
This is an entirely new category and it has become one of the most important areas of next-generation network and data protection.
Israel's Defence Ministry dismissed Yair Ramati, the nation's head of missile defence, for a "grave breach of information security."
Akamai's Q3 2015 State of the Internet - Security Report offered up a mixed bag of news indicating a very large increase in distributed denial of service attacks, while noting the length and severity of the incidents were down.
Mozilla has stepped up pressure on enterprise companies that continue to use SHA-1 certificates after research last month demonstrated the algorithm could be broken in as little as three months.
Researchers at Malwarebytes spotted an email phishing scam on Wednesday that targets Amazon users in the UK.
A Nigerian man was sentenced to more than 12 years in a prison and ordered to pay US $13 million in restitution for his role in an internet fraud scheme
Security researchers have discovered malicious adverts on the UK version of dating site Match.com.
Trend Micro and ClearSky published an updated report on Rocket Kitten, a state-sponsored group targeting Israeli and European organisations.
UK ham radio operators are the target of a phishing-scam asking them to open a malware-infected attachment purportedly from Ofcom Spectrum Licensing.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report