Most Recent Articles by Dan Kaplan
Dealers of ransomware are now attempting to frighten victims into paying up by tricking them into believing they've committed illegal online actions that were uncovered by the National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program.
For the second time this year, the sentencing for Anonymous informant Hector 'Sabu' Monsegur has been delayed.
Microsoft is intensifying its efforts to get users to scrap Windows XP, the 12-year-old operating system for which the software giant is ending support next April.
A second patch released last week by Microsoft has caused problems for users, forcing the software company to pull it and, on Monday, release an amended version of the fix.
Microsoft has pulled one of the patches it released on Tuesday as part of its monthly security update.
More Articles by Dan Kaplan
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Secret NSA/GCHQ unit 'hacked Gemalto, stole SIM encryption keys'
- Telegram encryption undermined, 'no better than SSL'
- FireEye roasts Apple crumble over revived iOS Masque attack
- ICYMI: UK data breaches, Carbanak and Royal Navy threats
- Eugene Kaspersky interview: 'Critical infrastructure is under threat'