Stampado ransomware was first spotted in the wild in July, but has spawned new variants capable of self propagating and re-encrypting files previously locked up by other ransomware, and all for a rock bottom price on the dark web.
Customers of the popular mobile network O2 are having their details sold on a dark web marketplace
More than 2.3 million users records were compromised as two separate gaming companies announced they suffered data breaches.
A darkweb marketplace is now advertising nearly 10 million medical records apparently stolen from a large US insurance company
Hold Security has bought hundreds of millions of email credentials off the dark web for less than £1
The exclusive website was breached months ago and the information of over a million of its users has been sitting on the Dark Web ever since then.
A new report claims that for all the talk of the nefarious goings on in the dark web, terrorists aren't all that interested
Cyber-security company Trend Micro have spotted a large uptick in Netflix and Uber credentials being sold by illicit deep web vendors
The top five high-risk threats developing in the deep and dark web have been identified.
Julian Meyrick explains how companies should work toward a better understanding of the Dark Web and have useage policies in place for any rare instances where it is not blocked to employees.
Dark web has been offering various streaming services on the internet for cut rate prices cheaper than a monthly subscription
Dark web version of GitHub offers a place for developers to code controversial projects anonymously.
The Tor project alleged that the FBI paid Carnegie Mellon University researchers to attack Tor hidden services last year.
When cyber-criminals start to leverage the full power of the internet, it's only natural that they would turn to e-commerce to spread their wares, says Grayson Milbourne.
Agora, one of the largest online black market sites, halted operations after concerns arose of vulnerabilities in Tor's hidden services.
The growing threat posed by ransomware and the possibility that cyber-criminals will graduate from extorting end users to large corporations topped the worry list of IBM's X-Force threat team in its Q3 threat intelligence report.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator