A student has discovered a security vulnerability in the software which Virgin Media uses for recruitment and job applications.
As new laws limiting Russian officials from using non-approved software come into force next month, those contravening the regulations are warned they face being fired.
With the GDPR set to change cyber-security regulation in Europe and more than nine in 10 organisations reporting a data breach in the last five years, businesses need to quickly put measures in place to prevent the loss of Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
Researcher finds that WhatsApp leaves traces of all chats in the database of iOS devices, leaving the user vulnerable should the phone be forensically examined.
Admins scramble to patch HTTP proxy header flaw, Httpoxy, that leaks data via PHP, Go and Python scripts running in a CGI environment.
New research from the Blancco Technology Group shows personal data remaining on old eBay and Craigslist hard drives long after they go out of use
The National Childbirth Trust has become the latest victim of hackers seeking to plunder data from every source possible on the internet.
The leaking of 11.5 million documents has underscored the vulnerability of data on electronic systems and raised the intriguing question of who did it?
Vulnerability in Unix-based file permissions exposed passwords, private keys and message histories when users share images and other files.
Emma Philpot, Renate Samson and Emily Taylor gathered at the SC Congress to discuss the impending EU regulations on data privacy
The security consultancy Pen Test Partners has found major security vulnerabilities in VTech devices, only adding to the bill of mistakes that the toy company has made over the past weeks.
Microsoft research finds record vulnerable to data leakage
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Russian intelligence claims to bust up pending banking cyber-attack
- Presidential commission calls for collaborative action to combat cyber-threats
- Russia's banks will be hacked today, apparently
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Researchers hack Visa cards in six seconds