Security experts have criticised the processes that allowed the names and email addresses of hundreds of HIV-positive patients in London to be revealed in an email newsletter.
Despite the objective of releasing greater business value from information, most businesses prioritise locking it down, says Sue Trombley
Big Data analysis allows identification of individuals via anonymised data.
The days of magnetic tape as a storage media need not be over says Christian Toon who makes the case for revisiting its attributes.
Deploying appropriate technology is necessary to protect business critical information stored within racks and cabinets at data centres says Mark Hirst.
If you don't classify your data, you don't know what needs protecting says Martin Sugden, suggesting the latest GSC scheme emphasises the importance of data.
Survey reveals that recent major data breaches have had little impact on retail companies' cyber security controls.
Courion survey: 78 percent of IT security executives are anxious about the possibility of a data breach, but do other employees feel the same?
New poll shows 94 percent of IT security professionals use third party apps on their mobile devices making it harder for IT to track and manage.
BT is being investigated by the UK's privacy watchdog, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), over claims that the user names and passwords of millions of its email customers were exposed to hacking.
The Department of Justice of Northern Ireland has been hit with a £185,000 fine from the ICO after leaking the physical personal information relating to victims of a terrorist incident.
The National Health Service is to start saving patient data onto a centralised database, but with improved manageability comes concerns over potential breaches and data losses.
Gale force winds are battering Scotland and the North of England - so businesses should invest in disaster recovery solutions.
A move to the cloud cannot result in a loss of control of data, as due diligence should be done before and during the outsourcing process.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report