Most Recent Articles by Derek Parkinson
Plans for the roll out of smart meters across Europe will pave the way for intrusive data mining of homes and small businesses unless the European Commission takes action, the EU privacy watchdog has warned.
With a court hearing now imminent for accused hacker Gary McKinnon's fight against extradition to the US, the debate about the fairness of the system is getting fierce. Derek Parkinson asks McKinnon's supporters, legal experts - and a member of 'the NatWest Three' - why they want the Extradition Act to be overhauled.
The WikiLeaks publication of confidential US dimplomatic cables is still causing ructions, but is it more embarrassing than dangerous? Derek Parkinson looks at the security lessons for the rest of us.
For the first time, cyber threats are on the fast track to the Prime Minister's in-tray. And with £650 million available, the Government is putting its money where its mouth is, says Derek Parkinson.
The public sector needs to be more accountable for its data handling practices if we are to find the right balance between individual freedom and collective security, warned Shadow Security Minister Baroness Pauline Neville-Jones.
More Articles by Derek Parkinson
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- Two-year GDPR honeymoon period starts today
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Cerber ransomware on sale in Russian darknet with new scripting features
- Netflix's VPN ban may result in stronger security for VPN customers
- Email error leaks hundreds of Northern Ireland prison officer details
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- SC Roundtable: Turning data into actionable intelligence
- Wekby cyber-criminals use DNS tunnelling for command and control of malware
- ICYMI: WhatsApp trap; Cerber RaaS; LinkedIn loss; Screen lock; 2 yrs to GDPR