Most Recent Articles by Derek Parkinson
Plans for the roll out of smart meters across Europe will pave the way for intrusive data mining of homes and small businesses unless the European Commission takes action, the EU privacy watchdog has warned.
With a court hearing now imminent for accused hacker Gary McKinnon's fight against extradition to the US, the debate about the fairness of the system is getting fierce. Derek Parkinson asks McKinnon's supporters, legal experts - and a member of 'the NatWest Three' - why they want the Extradition Act to be overhauled.
The WikiLeaks publication of confidential US dimplomatic cables is still causing ructions, but is it more embarrassing than dangerous? Derek Parkinson looks at the security lessons for the rest of us.
For the first time, cyber threats are on the fast track to the Prime Minister's in-tray. And with £650 million available, the Government is putting its money where its mouth is, says Derek Parkinson.
The public sector needs to be more accountable for its data handling practices if we are to find the right balance between individual freedom and collective security, warned Shadow Security Minister Baroness Pauline Neville-Jones.
More Articles by Derek Parkinson
SC Webcasts UK
Sign up to our newsletters
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Associate Professor in Cyber Security and Networking
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Snowden says Shadow Broker leak is likely a warning from Russia
- Russia's Central Bank introduces new mandatory cyber-security regulations
- Private firms to chase cyber-criminals for cash bounties, say police
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- Is Android as easy to secure as the latest AV-TEST results appear to suggest?
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit