April 07, 2004
Data Encryption SystemsProduct:
from $80 per user. $180 is the entry level, or single-user price.
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
Encryption options, hardware tokens and a proper manual.
An interesting and capable encryption product.
Two tokens are supplied so you can securely back up your keys. You may store up to 64 keys on a token and DESlock+ features the choice of triple-DES, Blowfish and AES algorithms to encrypt your data. Key management and administration are done via attractive and intuitive dialogs with text to explain functionality and provide guidance.
The product can encrypt local files and folders (across a network). It integrates smoothly with Outlook for handling encrypted and signed email. The software can encrypt and decrypt text in the Windows clipboard or on the fly in applications such as word processors and web browsers, making encrypting selections of data or Hotmail messages a snap. A context menu to encrypt chunks of text can be added to an application's title bar, but the process seems overly complex.
A novice will have little trouble using this product. We encrypted and decrypted many files cleanly and swiftly. We tested DESlock+ in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook 2000 and found it worked well, the product integrating nicely into the Outlook 2000 menus.
The DESlock+ software and DESkey tokens can be set for personal use (a user has control over administration), or corporate use (where an administrator sets things and controls functionality).
Administration dialogs are clearly presented and a password quality indicator helps users select passwords. The DESlock+ Control Panel provides access to program settings and options, and the DESlock Key Manager provides for easy key management tasks. This is an attractive product that does what it promises without fuss and is easy to set up and use.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Shodan finds confidential Europol terrorist dossiers
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report