A pair of Moldovan nationals have been given a combined sentence of over a decade for laundering the ill-gotten gains of the Dridex trojan
Despite going quiet for most of 2016, Dridex appears to have spent that time working on itself, making a number of improvement and targeting crypto-currency wallets
A mysterious Good Samaritan has replaced the code on certain parts of the villanous Dridex botnet with Avira Anti-virus installers.
Researchers at Invincea report that banking trojans delivered by weaponised Office documents were the top attack vector for the month of October.
Sitting in the F-Secure Labs in Helsinki, Sean Sullivan, security researcher at F-Secure warned that the "future is extortion" as cyber-criminals target small-to-medium size enterprises for high returns.
Combined might of FBI, Europol and NCA not enough to prevent malware re-emerging. Time to take a more proactive approach to intelligence, says Lord Jonathan Evans.
EC3, NCA, FBI and a range of other bodies have targeted the Dridex banking malware, including using a sinkhole operation to sever communications between infected botnets and their controlling cyber-criminals.
The Vawtrak bug back and meaner than ever, say Proofpoint researchers
CERT UK helped warn a large number of intended victims in UK-based banks, government agencies and other corporates being targeted with the Dridex Trojan.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry