Scientists and activist have urged Hilary Clinton to challenge the recent presidential election outcome, claiming to have new evidence that voting machines in key states were hacked into.
Russian APT group Cozy Bear has reportedly been targeting U.S. think tanks and non-governmental organisations in the immediate aftermath of the U.S. presidential race, devising malware campaigns that capitalise on post-election controversy.
Fears of hacking the US election have been a recurring theme throughout the election campaign, so as Americans go to the polls we ask, what are the chances of a hack?
Sean Sullivan, security advisor at F-Secure Labs, has warned that hackers could severely disrupt the reporting of the US general election on 8 November by hacking AP servers.
As Election Day approaches, researchers have detected a marked uptick in malicious cyber campaigns that seek to capitalize on the highly contentious 2016 race for president.
An association of state officials has published an open letter that seeks to strengthen public confidence in the electoral process, in light of research that has raised questions about the security of voting machines.
Highly placed intelligence officials are pretty sure that the hackers who breached the Democratic party just over a month ago were backed by the Russian government.
The leak of 19,000 embarrassing emails from the Democratic Party has got the Clinton campaign talking about Russian involvement and how foreign actors may be trying to manipulate the outcome of November's election.
The electoral details of the full voting public of Mexico have been leaked and published
Filipino voting records which were breached earlier this month have now been made public and searchable.
Anonymous has reportedly set its sights on ISIS following the terrorist attack on Belgium in its latest campaign dubbed "#OpBrussels.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry