Given the widely publicised skill shortages, it should come as no surprise to find no unemployment in cyber security.
A hardware manufacturer may soon be sued by employees who claim the employer did not do nearly enough to protect their data.
Research shines spotlight on paucity of training on cyber-security issues
The European Court of Human Rights ruled on Tuesday that companies could legally monitor employees' online communications.
Give your new graduates mentoring support and challenge them, rather than just giving them menial tasks if you want to attract and retain the best says Dr. Scott McVicar.
With the increasing number of contractors being employed by organisations, it's vital that their access rights are regularly reviewed, says Paul Trulove.
"10 percent (of information security staff being women) is appalling and we should be shocked at that," delegates were told at RSA, with suggestions made as to how the imbalance might be fixed.
Despite information security being a stable and growing profession with many career opportunities, the skills shortage is biting businesses hard.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report