Ensim Unify Enterprise Edition Password Manager
September 01, 2009
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Easy to use, full-scale password policy and management tool
- Weaknesses: None that we found in this group test
- Verdict: For its ease of use and good value, we make Ensim Unify our Recommended product this month
Ensim Unify Enterprise Edition Password Manager provides a simple and centralised interface for administrators to enforce their password policies within the enterprise. With this product, administrators can auto-generate the initial password for the new identity and also enforce rules, such as requiring users to change password on first logon, and password expiry as well as strong password policies.
On the client side, this product provides a secure, web-based interface for end-users to reset their password without any administrator intervention.
This product is fairly straightforward to install. It takes a few minutes and is guided by a setup wizard. After installation, management is done through the web-based GUI. On the first time of opening the web GUI, the administrator is presented with a list of configuration tasks.
A handy feature is that as each task is completed, it is ticked off, so the administrator can be sure the system is completely and properly configured.
Both administrator and client web-based portals were well organised and easy to navigate. This product provides a multi-application platform that allows users and administrators to reset or change the password in all connected systems, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and various mobile applications. Password changes are automatically synchronised with every application that is being managed by Unify.
Documentation included a PDF guide. This provides a step-by-step installation procedure, as well as clear pre-installation requirements and checklists. Other documentation is available as part of the help feature in the application after installation.
Ensim offers basic and platinum support as part of an annual support contract. This support includes either 8/5 or 24/7 phone- and email-based technical support. Also included are product patches, updates and upgrades. There is in addition a knowledgebase available via the Ensim website.
At a cost of about £3 per seat, this product is good value for money. It provides a streamlined way to manage passwords, password policy and password resets, all available in one easy-to-navigate application.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry