Enterprise Security for Endpoints 10
July 01, 2010
£26 for 1,001 users
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Easy to implement and use. Provides a very strong set of protection features for endpoints
- Weaknesses: Nothing that we could find
- Verdict: Great value for money, given the overall features and options included. Would satisfy both SMB and enterprise needs. Our Best Buy
Enterprise Security for Endpoints 10 is a software solution that consists of Trend Micro's OfficeScan suite of modules, as well as a series of plug-ins which customers can enable depending on the level of protection required.
The solution consists of a backend server, centralised web console for administration and various client endpoint packages. The client and server software both run on Microsoft Windows and the client agents can also be installed on Mac and some mobile operating systems.
Installation was very quick and we were using the web-based administrative console in a matter of minutes. The console interface communicates to the management server through a series of ActiveX controls for a more detailed and interactive experience. Overall administration is incredibly easy and we found everything we were looking for without any problems.
From a management perspective the solution has all of the enterprise features, such as reporting, notifications and role-based access control.
Deploying agents to client machines is also simple. Agents can be fetched from a URL or pushed using the management console. Trend Micro has opted to take a plug-in approach to its solution and at the very heart of it is the company's extensive malware protection, but other features are also available.
An intrusion defence firewall plug-in is available which adds a firewall and HIPS protection to endpoints. This includes controlling access to removable media, protecting web browsing and monitoring for non-compliant application use. The product also integrates with Cisco NAC that provides host integrity and compliance checking.
Additionally, Trend Micro provides real-time cloud-based threat intelligence and distributes the reputation data to the client endpoints. All of the features are controlled through an easy-to-use policy management interface.
Documentation is available via PDF documents or accessed through the server console itself. We found all of the information to be very helpful, especially an accompanying best practice deployment guide.
Standard maintenance is included with the purchase of the product and includes phone and email support during business hours (12-hour day). Three additional support levels are also available.
Overall, we were very impressed with the ease of use, management features and endpoint protection options and award it our Best Buy.
SC Webcasts UK
Senior Accreditor, Security Risk and Assurance Manager
Disclosure & Barring Service - Liverpool, Merseyside
DV Cleared Systems Architect - 6 Months - London
Computerfutures - London (North), London (Greater)
CISO – Chief Information Security Officer (Up to £100K)
Evolution Recruitment - London (North), London (Greater)
Head of Security Strategy – London
Evolution Recruitment - London (West), London (Greater)
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- Microsoft ends common password use and password lockout
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- 1.5 billion Windows computers potentially affected by unpatched 0-day exploit
- Tech big dogs enrolling in Privacy Shield
- CYBERSEC 2016: Can you enforce international cooperation on cyber-security?
- Linux.Mirai Trojan causing mayhem with DDoS attacks
- Is Microsoft exposing the supply chain by hardening the enterprise Edge?
- Russians suspected of cyber-campaign against journalism site