The president of Germany's Federal Intelligence Service said he expects Russian cyberattacks to interfere with upcoming electoral processes across Europe, but particularly in Germany.
Headphones plugged into a computer's audio output jack can be converted into a microphone that secretly records nearby conversations by modifying the device's software via malware, according to a new research report.
Investigators have decided to drop an investigation into malware found in a hotel in Geneva after they failed to establish who was behind it
Major partners in the controversial nuclear power plant at Hinkley Point have been accused in American courts of attempting to steal US nuclear technology.
Previously unknown bad actor used Remsec to infect just 36 machines in what appears to be a quiet cyber-espionage operation.
Su Bin, the head of an aviation company, has pleaded guilty to conspiring with Chinese officials to steal information from US military defence contractors
Russian officials deny any state involvement in cyber-attacks on Geman parliament.
Report examines how the direct and indirect economic costs accrue for a hypothetical cyber-attack on the UK's critical national infrastructure.
A new report by Bitdefender has, at least partially, undressed the infamous group APT28 claiming that it's a Russian speaking group with a particular interest in government officials, defence companies and Ukraine.
SC sat down with FireEye's director of threat intelligence to talk about the recent cyber-talks between China and the US and what exactly we mean when say 'China did it'
The 'Regin' malware has been found on the laptop of a high ranking German official, signalling foul play, perhaps by a western spy agency. Germany has started to investigate.
Chinese spies just can't help themselves? Washington-Beijing non-hacking accord appears to be more sour than sweet.
Seven-year malware operation likely to be Russian-state sponsored according to F-Secure
Evgeniy Bogachev allegedly conducted espionage on a Zeus botnet that was typically used for fraud purposes.
Researchers with ESET have been monitoring Potao malware since it was first identified in 2011.
Cyber-espionage group 'Pawn Storm' has been exploiting an unusual Java zero-day vulnerability to carry out drive-by-download attacks on a NATO country and US defence company, according to Trend Micro.
Panellists at RSA 2015 discussed cyber-espionage and intellectual property theft affecting companies and steps the private and public sector must take to curb the threat.
Russia behind cyber-attack on White House - hackers have been in the system for months.
It's been a busy few weeks for Kaspersky Lab, the anti-virus vendor behind the discovery of Equation and Carbanak groups. SC interviewed CEO Eugene Kaspersky on the disclosures, the company's direction, anti-virus and cyber-insurance.
Equation Group, the most advanced threat actor yet seen according to Kaspersky, may be the NSA.
The Chinese government allegedly stole the designs of a new US fighter jet, according to the latest leaked documents from NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry