Jason Hart says the best thing we can do to protect our business and personal lives from cyber-criminals looking to gain access to our information is to beat them to it with ethical hacking.
NATO's recent proclamation that cyberspace is an official domain of warfare, along with Russia's reported cyberaggressions against the U.S. and Ukraine, raises interesting questions about how one can responsibly manage cyberwarfare.
As the FBI declares its malware-like software cannot be malware as it is used with non-malicious intent, we ponder the ethics of the good guys using the same tools as the bad guys.
The hiring of a former Lulzsec hacker by a respected cyber-security company has raised some interesting questions as to the role of former black hats in the white hat's world.
A security researcher was accused of unethical hacking after reporting a database that exposed information on 1,700 kids.
A mysterious Good Samaritan has replaced the code on certain parts of the villanous Dridex botnet with Avira Anti-virus installers.
BT has announced the global launch of a new security service "BT Assure Ethical Hacking for Finance".
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry