The European Commission was the victim of a DDoS attack this afternoon that blocked internet connectivity on-and-off for several hours.
The European Commission to looking to tighten its regulatory grip on US-based tech companies which are slowly replacing traditional telcos in the services they provide.
Europe's data protection committee is going to let Privacy Shield operate for a year, promising to hold off on legal challenges until its first joint annual review happens in 2017.
Approved last week, the European Commission has formally adopted the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement as a legal route to tranfer personal data from the EU to the US.
Leaked information from the working group reviewing Privacy shield highlights scepticism from within the EU about whether the new privacy regime goes far enough
Crypto-currencies like Bitcoin may not be as anonymous as they once were as the European Commision announces its intention to regulate the virtual currency exchanges that, the Commission says, aid terrorist financing.
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation is on course to be introduced this year, but politicians and IT security teams are not completely sold on it.
One year ago the European Court of Justice ruled that Google should remove URL links from its search engine at the request of just one internet user; now, the tech giant finds itself fighting a privacy battle against users, regulators, academics and activists.
Microsoft has won the European Commission's support as it battles in court to prevent the US Government getting hold of one of its customer's emails, stored at its Dublin data centre.
The European Commission's forthcoming data protection law reforms have been heavily criticised on Data Privacy Day.
UK cloud vendors reject calls for a 'secure' European cloud in the wake of Prism surveillance revelations.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry