As a growing number of cities provide free WiFi networks become, a security researcher demonstrated his successful hack of his city's WiFi network.
Internet of Things (IoT) devices running on the open-source Linux OS are under attack from NyaDrop.
Brazil has emerged as a primary centre of financially motivated e-crime threat activity.
Trustwave has found a zero-day exploit which it said affects all versions of Microsoft's OS Windows, all the way from Windows 2000 up to a fully patched version of Windows 10.
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at; Investigatory Powers Bill; TalkTalk woes continue; EBay exploit unfixed; EU-US Privacy Shield agreed; Malwarebytes apologises for flaw.
Trend Micro patched several critical flaws in Password Manager found by a Google Project Zero research that allowed hackers to execute malicious code.
A new version of the widely-distributed RIG exploit kit has emerged and is infecting around 27,000 PCs each day, according to researchers at Trustwave Spiderlabs.
Angler exploit kit use in TeslaCrypt ransomware signals new trend in blackmailing malware
Several models of home and small office routers, which use an SDK from Realtek, are vulnerable to an exploit which would allow attackers to run arbitrary code without authentication.
A widely-used exploit kit called 'Angler' has apparently been used to target a new zero-day affecting the latest versions of Adobe's Flash Player.
A security researcher has discovered over two million US-made cars could be attacked via insecure USB dongles.
A hole in iCloud's security allowed attackers to access any iCloud account via a brute force attack that side-stepped blocks - but it is now reported to have been patched.
High-profile CISOs and senior IT security managers talked advanced persistent threats (APTs) and how they can be countered at SC Magazine's latest roundtable in central London.
Linux: open source software is highly pervasive making the Shellshock vulnerability potentially more serious than Heartbleed.
The growing impact of web exploits isn't just limited to the enterprise market and must be countered on an industry-scale, says Pedro Bustamante.
San Francisco-based endpoint security company Malwarebytes announced today that it has received $30 million (approximately £17.53 million) in Series A funding from Highland Capital Partners.
A Microsoft Office exploit - CVE-2010-3333, which was first discovered around 18 months ago - is reportedly now being used once again to attack business users of the popular application suite.
Report calls on vendors to provide official workarounds
Microsoft has rushed out a quick fix for a Microsoft Word zero-day flaw that is now being used in cyber-crime attacks.
Microsoft develops migration utility to smooth upgrades; warning pop-ups to appear from this week; University of Illinois to block XP-driven PCs
A group of Chinese spies are believed to have resurfaced to attack vulnerable political and non-profit groups, after FireEye discovered them using a new zero-day Adobe exploit.
Security researchers have uncovered a new Internet Explorer zero-day bug that they believe has been used to target the US military and French arms suppliers in what's feared to be the start of a cyber espionage campaign.
2014 could be set to become the year of PTH suggests Calum MacLeod, VP of EMEA at Lieberman Software Corporation
A new distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) bot called 'Trojan Ferret' has been discovered.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- The information security implications of M&A deals
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success