With the approval of the order for his extradition by the home secretary, Lauri Love is running out of options. An appeal to the High Court is on the cards but how long can he stave off the inevitable?
The order for the extradition of Lauri Love to the US to face multiple charges of computer hacking has been approved by the home secretary, but it's understood he will fight the order.
The Russian man that Czech authorities arrested on 5 October in collaboration with the FBI is allegedly connected to the 2012 breach of LinkedIn.
The Police of the Czech Republic on Tuesday announced the arrest of an unnamed Russian citizen suspected of hacking US-based targets.
A judge at London's Westminster Crown Court has ruled that alleged hacker Lauri Love is to be extradited to the US where he is accused of hacking into various government departments.
An alleged site administrator for the now defunct- Silk Road is to be extradited to the US to face justice for facilitating the sale of malware
Counsel for Lauri Love and the US government rehearsed their final arguments as Tom Reeve reports from Westminster Magistrates' Court yesterday.
Lauri Love is hiding behind his mental illness to avoid being sent to the US for trial, according to arguments heard in his extradition hearing yesterday. Tom Reeve reports from Westminster Magistrates' court.
An extradition hearing in London today heard claims that Lauri Love would kill himself if extradited to the US to face trial for allegedly hacking several US federal agencies.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Over 400,000 phishing sites have been detected each month in 2016
- TalkTalk customers urged to get routers swapped over hacker fears
- Report: Mirai 'is just the tip of the iceberg'
- Avalanche takedown involved searches in 40 countries
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime