Security researchers from Google have published the results of a year-long investigation into the practice of pay-per-install software bundling - and they aren't impressed.
Intelligent and automated systems are currently being touted as the next step in cyber-security to help combat the 'always-on' cyber-criminal, but are they right for us? And are we prepared for them?
The latest In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) looks at EU cyber-directive; Sports targeted; Health most breached; Orgs lack expertise; Travellers at risk
Hundreds of guests gathered on Tuesday 7th of June at the stunning Old Billingsgate
Demand is high, supply is low and requirements are changing. Tony Morbin asks - so where are we now with the role of the CISO?
While the biggest threat these days might be your employees, does that danger really mean distrusting your own team, asks Max Metzger, and what actions should you take?
SC's Roi Perez looks at how we tackle the biggest vulnerability in our IT infrastructures - the people
The figures are still abysmal. So Kate O'Flaherty asks what can the information security industry do to encourage more women to join the sector?
When designing security systems, it is vital to factor the human into the equation, otherwise, as Tom Reeve explains, you end up with confused users and vulnerable systems
Brussels-based SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication), which allows 3,000 member financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardised and reliable environment, has recently been implicated in a spate of malware-based attacks.
ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry