Juniper confirms exploits leaked by the Shadow Brokers group appear to affect its firewalls, but has not yet patched the vulnerabilities.
Juniper Networks own ScreenOS software harboured unauthorised code, questions of possible use by NSA.
Industry giant, Dr Taher Elgamal spoke at RSA's conference on his idle thoughts of the future of smart cities
Mobiles and the cloud may have subverted the idea of perimeter protection, but some 20 years after launching FireWall-1, Check Point founder Gil Shwed tells SC that there's still a security role for the Firewall.
The economics of cyber-crime make your network an attractive target. Change the economic incentive and you'll reduce the threat says Guarav Banga.
"Fighting off an APT attack using firewalls and anti-virus is akin to shooting at a nuclear warhead with a bow and arrow."
Corporates need to invest in the human firewall - Forrester analyst
It may be a time of great change for the infosec industry, but advice on achieving the budgets needed to keep up with new threats remains remarkably consistent, reports Thomas Brewster.
It's a New Year with a new editor and new team members on SC. Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone we've met and we'll be talking to more of you throughout the year.
Check Point VP says individual hacking actions are not always criminal
BT Group has been accused of shipping hardware with backdoors for secret government surveillance.
F5 Networks has announced enhancements to its application and firewall range to offer throughout up to 640Gbps, it said.
January 2014 will mark ten years since the Jericho Forum announced its concept of 'deperimeterisation', with regards to network IT.
Fortinet has launched a new network security appliance for enterprises and managed security service providers (MSSPs).
Check Point has dismissed claims of flaws in its firewalls.
Palo Alto Networks has announced the launch of a virtualised next-generation firewall platform and a new operating system.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry