Equifax look at the growth of identity fraud and what can be done about it.
Experts in a panel discussion at Kaspersky Lab yesterday outlined their concerns and frustrations in the fight against cyber-enabled fraud.
Including fraud in the UK crime figures resulted in online crime overtaking physical crime, now Financial Fraud Action UK (FFA UK) reports that fraud in the payments sector has jumped 53 percent over last year.
Using artificial intelligence, we are rapidly approaching the day when computers will be able to sift through terabytes of data to detect fraudulent financial transactions.
Personal details of up to 2.4 million customers of Carphone Warehouse - including encrypted credit card details - have been reported stolen, with the ICO now investigating.
Everyone is talking about mobile fraud but the threat is not as widespread as it is made out to be, says Helen Holmes.
As Bitcoin grows in popularity, could the crypto-currency be the solution to online fraud, asks Akif Khan.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Information Security Risk Manager, £45-55k + bens
Infosec People - West Midlands, England, Coventry
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £55-63k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Aldershot, Hampshire
Security Architect, Cardiff - to £70k Basic
Infosec People - Cardiff, Wales
Interim CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) - Cyber Security Director
CYBER EXECS - London (Central), London (Greater)
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Met Police grab suspect with phone unlocked to get hold of data
- Cyber-security must reflect risk not just regulation
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- Same fate befalls Post Office broadband as hit DT?
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Former Expedia IT employee admits to hacking execs from the inside
- Cyber-insurance: What will you be able to claim for and is it worth it?
- Levelling the playing field against targeted attacks
- India Supreme Court calls on tech giants to curb sexual assault, cyber-crime
- IoTSF conference: EU should become de facto regulator