If attackers had succeeded in taking over 900,000 routers in Germany, we wouldn't be thinking of Deutsche Telekom as the victim but the enabler of a massive botnet.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel expressed concern that cyberattacks from Russia might interfere with elections next year in Germany.
Facebook has been banned from collecting and storing the data of German users on its messaging app, WhatsApp.
Self-driving cars in Germany may soon be required to carry a black box to help determine fault.
Power stations in Germany, Italy and Israeli smart building could be accessed by criminal hackers
Russian officials deny any state involvement in cyber-attacks on Geman parliament.
Germany's domestic intelligence agency has pointed the official finger at the Russian state for the 2015 attacks on the Bundestag, the German Parliament
According to Germany's domestic intelligence agency, Russia was most likely responsible for the major cyber-attack on the Bundestag last year, forcing computer systems to be on hiatus for days.
The Gundremmingen nuclear power plant located 120 km northwest of Munich has been infected with computer viruses and malware.
A ransomware campaign has hit two German hospitals, soon after another ransomware campaign hit a Los Angeles medical centre, and the clean up is set to take weeks.
Russia has officially proposed it join forces with France and Germany to design new IT security technologies that could be used in the fight against international terrorists.
The 'Regin' malware has been found on the laptop of a high ranking German official, signalling foul play, perhaps by a western spy agency. Germany has started to investigate.
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- ICYMI: CEO Sacked; MS Zero-day; Passwords dropped; Ransomware wild, charging hack
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry