Steven Thomas, considered a security visionary for founding anti-spyware company Webroot, was found dead Sunday in Hawaii, some two weeks after he was reported missing.
A massive domain name server (DNS) design vulnerability that could permit cache poisoning - effectively allowing an attacker to direct users to the website of his choosing - is set to be fixed by an unprecedented synchronized series of multivendor patches.
Steganography is an established technique to hide secret data inside normal data transmissions, but new techniques are being developed to hide packets inside routine VoIP traffic, and escape detection
The home of Britain's codebreaking efforts during the War has entered into detailed discussions with the Heritage Lottery Fund for significant funding to rebuild its rotting infrastructure
Taylor Woodrow, one of the UK's largest construction companies, is to give all its staff access to Google Apps, backed by the internet giant's security products
The SFO invited SC Magazine for a sneak preview of its recently revamped digital forensics unit, where scientists were hard at work dissecting and interrogating the latest mobile devices
Two Dutch academics who came to London last week to prove they could break the cipher behind London's Oyster travel card have been warned by the country's Government not to expose any secrets in their upcoming paper on the subject
University researchers are developing artificial intelligence software which can be loaded onto CCTV cameras to enable them to locate incidents by noise alone
The two internet giants have helped form the Information Card Foundation, which will attempt to tie together vendors' efforts to develop secure online identities for internet users
A geeky risk advisory manager from global accountancy firm BDO has hacked into a leading coffee machine, causing it to pour scalding water onto unsuspecting espresso lovers
SC Webcasts UK
Information Security Manager
Infosec People - Hammersmith, West London
Junior Penetration Tester, Hertfordshire, to £35k + benefits
Infosec People - England, Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Architect
CYBER EXECS - London (Greater)
SOC Analyst, Aldershot, £47-56k + package
Infosec People - Hampshire, England, Aldershot
Senior Security Engineer
Loveworklife Recruitment - United Kingdom
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine UK Articles
- Tesco Bank allegedly ignored warnings of hack from Visa
- Investigatory Powers and Digital Economy Bills could threaten economy
- Updated: A million German routers knocked offline by failed Mirai botnet attack
- Gooligan ad fraud malware infects 1.3M Android users, installs over 2M unwanted apps
- Microsoft update left Azure Linux virtual machines open to hacking
- SC Awards Europe 2016 winners announcements!
- ISIS radicalises 'lone wolves' through strong social media presence
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- 9.2 million medical records for sale on darkweb
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- ICYMI: Tesco warned; IP Bill threatens economy; German routers offline; Azure trojan; Gooligan fraud
- Data centres are on the move - where will they end up?
- 90% of ITDMs believe IAM is crucial to digital transformation success
- Research: Hacked companies could see customer exodus if breached
- Misconfigured drive exposes locations of explosives used by oil industry